The first step to playing hockey is Learn To Skate! Our beginners ice skating program is for students who have not yet mastered their skating skills. It is designed to prepare skaters who wish to pursue hockey.
- All skaters are required to wear a helmet (HECC certified hockey or bike helmet)
- Warm clothing: mittens, water repellant pants and jacket or snowsuit
- Skaters must also have their own ice skates. Hockey or Figure skates (no double runners). Skates should be sharpened to help your child learn correctly.
- No hockey gear allowed in this program. Gear will be part of the Learn to Play Hockey program once the skater has successfully passed their Learn to Skate program.
- Ages 3-5 (Tots): 25 min group lesson
- Ages 6+ (Youth): 40 min group lesson w/ 10min supervised free time to practice on their own